Stop worrying about COVID-19?
The situation is serious, but that does not mean you need to feel worried all day long. Taking good care of your mental and physical wellbeing is now more critical than ever. Here’s how.
First things first. Do you want to stop worrying about COVID-19? Take a break from your incoming news stream. Pause your inbox, messengers, and turn your phone to airplane mode. Done? Good.
Are you ready? This is not another list that advises you to listen to an audiobook, plan your next vacation, and smile. Here are 26 inspirational things you can do instead of worrying:
Things to do for physical wellbeing
- Do an online workout you haven’t done before (search youtube for terms like Tabata, HIIT, Ashtanga Yoga or your favorite song + Zumba)
- Learning the Emotional Freedom Technique to reconnect with your trust (Here’s an excellent English or German instruction for beginners)
- Out of your head and inside your body by shaking
- Take a bath and tune on the mind & body Spotify playlist
- Spice up your tea break with the “golden milk” Ayurveda drink
- Treat yourself with self-pleasure (if you’re a woman and need inspiration check out OMGyes)
Things to do for mental wellbeing
- Create your profile on Goodreads, find friends, catalog your books, read and create a want-to-read list (If you want to increase your smartness, consider writing book reviews on the books you read. Repetition and reflection is a great brain gym).
- Make a list of persons who have influenced you positively in your life so far. Send a message of gratitude to at least one of them (If you want to go the extra mile, send a card or a letter — beautifully designed with calligraphy). Make your message concrete: What did this person for you and how affected it your life?
- Meditate (if you haven’t meditated before NOW is the perfect time to start, have a look at the Apps Calm or Headspace).
- Do an online university course. (The best-rated Coursera course, which is also my…